The IGAC newsletter engages and informs the international atmospheric chemistry community by providing information on IGAC Activities through Editorials, Workshop Summaries, Activity Updates, and Scientific Features. In addition each issue of the IGAC Newsletter has a Young Scientist Spotlight that profiles an individual in graduate school or within 5 years of completing his/her doctorate. The Open Submission section allows non-IGAC Activities related to atmospheric chemistry to publish Workshop Summaries, Activity Updates, Scientific Features, and Editorials (see below). The IGAC Newsletter is typically published three times per year.
Open Submission Guidelines
Editorials, Workshop Summaries, and Activity Updates should be approximately 600 words with a maximum of one figure. Scientific Features should be approximately 1500 words with one to two figures. Figures must be high-resolution .png files. The next deadline for submission to the November 2014 IGAC Newsletter is 17 October. Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Issue - Vol. 52, August 2014
Download the newsletter here.
The 52nd issue of the IGAC newsletter offers a synthesis of current initiatives and events within the field of atmospheric chemistry. Among its highlights are special features, workshop and conference summaries, and information on the present direction of the field.
- Point of view: IGAC in Perspective - Stuart Penkett
- IGAC updates
- Community page & calendar
- Science feature: A Global Assessment of Precipitation Chemistry and Deposition - Silvina Carou, Robert Vet and Richard S. Artz
- Young scientist profile: Nicloas Huneeus
- IGAC\iLEAPS\WMO Third Workshop for the Interdisciplinary Biomass Burning Initiative (IBBI) - Melita Keywood and Johannes Kaiser
- 2014 IGAC/SPARC Chemistry-Climate Model Initiative (CCMI) Workshop - Peter Hess, Paul Young, Michaela Hegglin, and Jean-Francois Lamarque
- 16th GEIA Conference - Bridging Emissions Science and Policy - Paulette Middleton, Gregory Frost, Leonor Tarrason, Claire Granier, and Jean-Francois Lamarque
- TF HTAP Workshops - Terry Keating and Frank Dentener, et al.
- UGEC Project Scoping Meeting for a New Urban Research Initiative - Corrie Griffith and Mark Watkins
- MOZAIC–IAGOS Scientific Symposium on Atmospheric Composition Observations by Commercial Aircraft: 20th Anniversary - Valerie Thouret, Andreas Petzold and Corinne Marizy Airbus
- 2014 4th iLEAPS Science Conference “Terrestrial Ecosystems, Atmosphere, and People in the Earth System” - Tanja Suni
- 1st International Conference on Atmospheric Dust – DUST 2014 - Saverio Fiore
- User Facility Meeting on Science of Atmospheric Aerosols - Staci West, Elizabeth Devitt and Alex Guenther