The IGAC newsletter both engages and informs the international atmospheric chemistry community of IGAC Activities through Editorials, Workshop Summaries, Activity Updates, and Scientific Features. In addition, each issue of the IGAC Newsletter has a Young Scientist Spotlight that profiles an individual in graduate school or within 5 years of completing his/her doctorate. The Open Submission section allows non-IGAC Activities related to atmospheric chemistry to publish Workshop Summaries, Activity Updates, Scientific Features, and Editorials (see below). The IGAC Newsletter is typically published three times per year (January, May, and September).
Open Submission Guidelines
Editorials, Workshop Summaries, and Activity Updates should be approximately 600 words with a maximum of one figure. Scientific Features should be approximately 1500 words with one to two figures. Figures must be high-resolution .png files. The next deadline for submission to the January 2014 IGAC Newsletter is 30 November 2013. Please send submissions to email@example.com.
Current Issue - Vol. 50, July 2013
Download the newsletter here.
The July 2013 issue of the IGAC newsletter offers a synthesis of recent, current and upcoming initiatives and events within the field of atmospheric chemistry. Workshop and conference summaries, special features, and information on the present direction of the field are among the newsletter's highlights. The newsletter is hallmarked by the theme of using satellite observations to improve models.
- Research Career Tribute: Jennifer Logan
Honoring 40 years of contributions to the atmospheric sciences.
- Science Feature: Using satellite observations and models to understand processes in the composition-climate system
Apostolos Voulgarakis dissects the issue.
- Young Scientist Spoghtlight: Yan Xiaolu
Read about one of the community's most promising emerging scientists.
- Point of View: Paul Wennberg
Paul makes a case for abandoning the "high-NOx" and "low-NOx" terminology.
- IGAC Updates
- Community Page & Calendar
- Summaries on annual meetings, conferences and short courses.
- Workshop Summary: IGAC/iLEAPS/WMO Interdisciplinary Biomass Burning Initiative (IBBI)
Learn about the latest advancements within IGAC's IBBI activity.
- Workshop Summary: IGAC/iLEAPS/SPARC/ICIMOD Atmospheric Composition and the Asian Summer Monsoon (ACAM)
A summary of the monsoon system's relevance to scales and processes bridging regional air quality, climate change, and global chemistry-climate interaction.
- Workshop Summary: IGAC/SPARC Chemistry–Climate Model Initiative (CCMI)
A summary of upcoming CCMI simulations and model intercomparison analysis.
- Workshop Summary: Changing Chemistry in Changing Climate (C4): Monsoon
A workshop concerning the monsoon's effects on air quality, transport and transformation of pollution, tropospheric chemistry, and their feedback in a changing climate.