The IGAC newsletter both engages and informs the international atmospheric chemistry community of IGAC Activities through Editorials, Workshop Summaries, Activity Updates, and Scientific Features. In addition, each issue of the IGAC Newsletter has a Young Scientist Spotlight that profiles an individual in graduate school or within 5 years of completing his/her doctorate. The Open Submission section allows non-IGAC Activities related to atmospheric chemistry to publish Workshop Summaries, Activity Updates, Scientific Features, and Editorials (see below). The IGAC Newsletter is typically published three times per year (January, May, and September).
Open Submission Guidelines
Editorials, Workshop Summaries, and Activity Updates should be approximately 600 words with a maximum of one figure. Scientific Features should be approximately 1500 words with one to two figures. Figures must be high-resolution .png files. The next deadline for submission to the January 2014 IGAC Newsletter is 30 November 2013. Please send submissions to email@example.com.
Current Issue - Vol. 51, February 2014
Download the newsletter here.
The 51st issue of the IGAC newsletter offers a synthesis of current initiatives and events within the field of atmospheric chemistry. Among its highlights are special features, workshop and conference summaries, and information on the present direction of the field.
Please help us improve the newsletter by taking a brief, seven-minute survey to refine its role, aim, scope, structure and usability.
- Science Feature: IUPAC Task Group on Atmospheric Chemical Kinetic Data Evaluation
- Young Scientist Spoghtlight: N'Datchoh Evelyne Toure
- Science Feature: The Role of Images in Environmental Communication
- Point of View: In Search of Big Game
- IGAC Updates
- Community Page & Calendar
- Workshop Summary: Integrating air quality and climate mitigation – is
there a need for new metrics to support decision making?
- Conference Summary: 2013 Gordon Research Conference on Atmospheric
- Conference Summary: IV Colombian Conference and International Meeting
on Air Quality and Public Health
- Workshop Summary: IGBP/IGAC Developing a Strategic Framework for
Integrated Programs on Air Pollution and Climate
- Workshop Summary:Capacity Building Workshop on Regional Climate and Air
Quality Modelling for West Africa
- Workshop Summary: Health, Agricultural and Water Risks Associated with Air
Quality and Climate in Asia
- Workshop Summary: Development of a Community Historical Emission
- Workshop Summary: Task Force on Hemispheric Transport of Air Pollution